Here are some key updates regarding the new Webber Park Library.
- The Hennepin County Board will be reviewing and discussing the findings of the Schematic Design Report tomorrow, Tuesday, June 9th in a Public Works, Energy & Environment Committee meeting. The schematic design report may be found online at http://www.hclib.org/about/building-projects/current-projects-container/current-projects/webber-park-library/webber-park-library-project (scroll down for Documents Webber Park Library schematic design report (PDF) and Webber Park Library schematic design board (PDF 6MB). The meeting may be watched by webcast at http://www.hennepin.us/your-government/leadership/board-videos, or, you are welcome to attend and/or speak during the Open Forum period of the Libraries, Technology & General Government Committee.
- The Board Action Request seeks approval of the Schematic Design and authorizes staff to finalize design, procure a construction contract and then build the new library.
- If approved by the Board Committee on Tuesday, June 9th, the item will be before the County Board the following Tuesday, June 16th, on the consent agenda (no discussion by the Board) for final approval.
- Upon approval of the Schematic Design, this project will only be before the County Board again to immediately award the construction contract, as long as the project continues to be within budget.
- The community will continue to be regularly engaged, possibly with an open-house, once final design is complete and then periodic updates as the project construction proceeds.
- Project Schedule:
o Final Design – Summer 2015
o Construction Documents – Fall 2015
o Procurement (Bidding) – Winter 2016
o Construction – Spring 2016
o Occupancy – Spring 2017