The purpose statement of the Residential and Real Estate Development (RRED) work unit is to create healthy, mixed income housing markets in the City of Minneapolis by developing opportunities for homeownership and responsibly managing land banked property. RRED is part of the City of Minneapolis Community Planning and Economic Development (CPED) department.
See our February properties a second time!
CPED has received requests to view the following properties for a second time, anyone with interest is encouraged to attend the scheduled open houses:
- 4640 Portland Ave. S. – Tuesday, February 16 from 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- 2115 Bryant Ave. N. – Tuesday, February 16 from 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- 1426 Penn Ave. N. – Tuesday, February 16 from 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- 2548 12th Ave. S. – Wednesday, February 17 from 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- 1715 Oliver Ave. N. – Wednesday, February 17 from 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- 1419 Upton Ave. N. – Wednesday, February 17 from 1:45 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
Offers for all of the properties with open houses in February are due by 12:00 p.m. onThursday, February 25. Offers can be submitted to Roxanne Kimball or dropped off at CPED’s office: 105 5th Ave. S., Suite 200, Minneapolis, MN 55403
Open house: a completed VHRP home
See the first home rehabilitated by Wilson Molina through the Vacant Housing Recycling Program! Other developers or residents interested in featuring their completed home through an open house are encouraged to contact Roxanne Kimball.
March property lists posted: lots and structures
Visit our website to see the latest list of vacant lots and vacant structuresavailable for sale! Also featured is our interactive map – if it’s your first time using it check out our handyreference guide.
Featured this month is a series of four lots on Emerson Avenue. All four properties are contiguous and zoned R3-R4, making this site a wonderful redevelopment opportunity. Contact Robert Russell with questions or interest. Addresses are 3024, 3022, 3018, and 3014 Emerson Ave. N. – the four properties can be purchased for a total of $10,000.