THIS ADVISORY SHOULD PUT US ALL ON THE ALERT!
Theft from Auto – Lind Bohanon October 14, 2016 Facts: Between October 11th and October 13th there were six Thefts from Motor Vehicles in the Lind Bohanon neighborhood with very similar MOs. These thefts took place from 45th Ave. on the south to 51st Ave. on the north, between 4th St. and Humboldt Ave. In most, if not all cases, entry was made by smashing in a window and stealing items left in plain view within the cars. All cars were parked in driveways or on the street. There is no suspect information yet. Anyone with information about these crimes is encouraged to call 411-TIPS or 4th Precinct Property Crimes at (612) 673-5714.
What you can do:
• NEVER LEAVE ANY THING OF VALUE IN THE PASSENGER COMPARTMENT OF YOUR CAR.
• ALWAYS LOCK ALL DOORS AND ROLL UP THE WINDOWS WHEN YOU LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE.
• Call 911 to report suspicious activity. This includes vehicles circling the block with occupants you don’t recognize, and strangers loitering or walking down your alley looking in garages/vehicles. • If you have a garage, use it. Don’t park your vehicle on the street or in your driveway unless absolutely necessary.
• If you do have to park on the street, DO NOT leave your garage door opener in your vehicle.
• Where possible, park your car in a well lighted area. Avoid dark, secluded areas.
• Don’t hide spare keys in your vehicle.
• Always lock your garage’s service doors and overhead doors.
• Be alert to other people loitering nearby as you exit your vehicle.
• Organize or become involved in your local block club.
• Alert your neighbors and block club members to the problem and be sure to watch out for each other. Encourage them to call 911 to report suspicious activity. Receive time sensitive crime prevention alerts, gain valuable knowledge and crime prevention resources by signing up on: www.minneapolismn.gov/police/crimealert/police_crimealert_signup. The Minneapolis Police Department never shares your email address with solicitors. Please call 411-TIPS if you have any information about any of these thefts. You can also call the 4th Precinct Property Crimes Unit at 673-5714. You can remain anonymous. For additional crime prevention information please call your sector Crime Prevention Specialist. Call 673-2866 for more information.